ITS A GIRL!

A few days ago, our new case worker (number 4) asked us if we would be interested in putting our names in for a red file meeting (a meeting where Arizona agencies show up to try to convince a panel that one of their famlies would be best to adopt a child). This particular file was for a 6 month old baby and while we thought everyone would be jumping in on it, we said yes.  We have been through this process many times and didn’t think we would have a chance with a case worker who had never actually met us and every agency in the valley would probably be showing up for this one.

They usually take well into the night to decide.  “At 12:30 p.m. today (Dec 11, 2012), I was doing dishes and listening to ‘A Thousand Years, Pt 2’ by Christina Perri,” said Brock. “It moved me to tears because I really wished this time it would work out.  At that exact moment the phone rang. Even before I pushed the answer button I knew, and I was crying before I said ‘Hello.'”

“Our case worker didn’t sound excited when she first answered so my heart dropped, but she said she was still in shock. The board usually debates for hours and this time there were 10 agencies there.  The board told our case worker that they should have a decision by 6:00 p.m., but they called her before she had time to drive back to the office.  They said they all immediately knew who the family was and the decision was unanimous the first round.”

IT WAS US!

So Olivia Kathryn Christie will be coming to live with us on FRIDAY, as in two days! Her foster mom says she is the happiest baby she has ever met and the family who gets her is going to very, very lucky.

It has been a roller coaster of a ride, but needless to say we are two very, very happy dads.

DSCN6505

Comments
7 Responses to “ITS A GIRL!”
  1. Patina says:

it looks like she has blue eyes and red hair! How adorable! She’s worth a roller coaster ride! but buckel in my friends, the ride is just starting! welcome to parenthood. YEA!!!!!

2. Sharon Lilly says:

I am crying happy tears. Congratulations! I hope you will be having a baby shower soon because I want to meet this darling Christmas Angel. She is a beautiful gift.

3. Kelly says:

Oh my gosh you guys! She is adorable, I love her already and I am just so so happy for you. Merry Christmas!

4. colleen & Manny says:

Congratulations!!!! She is so cute and she is one lucky little girl. i bet she will be spoiled rotten in a day

5. Melissa La Chapelle says:

Chris and I could not be more happy for you two! What a wonderful blessing for you both!

6. Katie says:

You don’t know me, but my sister Natalie works at US Airways and has kept me posted on this! I was so unbelievably excited for you two when she shared the news with me yesterday! Such a lucky baby to have dads that are so very excited! I also loved seeing that her current foster mom says that she is a happy baby, that is so wonderful! Congratulations & Good Luck!!

7. adoptionista says: